Amateur Game Publish Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chocolate Journey

2 posters

Go down

Chocolate Journey Empty Chocolate Journey

Post  Bloing Wed Jun 27, 2012 4:22 pm

Chocolate Journey
Chocolste Journey is a game where you are a boy who loves chocolate, and wants to travel the world for it. Eventually he finds that the world has been attacked, and when he discovers that he can defeat the ones who are attacking the planet he decides to save the world.

There are basically 4 main parts to this game. The first is when you are a stick man, and the world is tranquile. The second one is when the enemies from space appear, and you are forced to defeat them by jumping on them. The next is when you become fat for eating too much chocolate, and the game becomes much more challenging. The final part is when you enter the Lord Jag's Castle, and have to pass two levels, and then fight Lord Jag in the end (again).

This game's graphics are good, but bad. There are things like the blocks, that aren't very good. Then there are the Aliens, and the backgrounds that are also good (but eventually get dull for being so repetitive). Also the main character could have had a moving animation.

The gameplay is pretty good in this game. At the beginning, when you are skinny, and haven't gotten any power-ups, the game doesn't run very nicely, because you get stuck in the blocks. However, it runs extremely nicely after that, but gets even better when the character gets fat. This makes the game much better, and a lot more challenging. Also the extreme amount of shortcuts helps make the game better, and the addition of purple aliens later on makes the game a lot better. The only downside are the bosses being killed in one hit, which makes them very easy to defeat.

Overall this was a very good game, considering this is an amateur game forum. I hope FAAAEBS makes other games, and in Game Maker Standard hopefully, because it isn't very pleasant to have a watermark saying "Done in Game Maker Lite".
Ratings:
Graphics: 6/10
Gameplay: 8/10
Storyline: 9/10

You can download this game in FAAAEBS's website here.

Hope you enjoy this game!
Bloing
Bloing

Posting Points : 17

Back to top Go down

Chocolate Journey Empty Re: Chocolate Journey

Post  FAAAEBS Wed Jun 27, 2012 4:25 pm

Very good review Bloing (and i'm not just saying this 'cause you reviewed my game). I can see that making you a reviewer was not a bad choice. +1 to your review! Very Happy
FAAAEBS
FAAAEBS
Admin

Posting Points : 482

https://amateurgamepublish.forumeiros.com

Back to top Go down